Do you have a video camera and love bikes? Then why not submit a short film and become part of the Brisbane Bicycle Film Festival.
Brisbane Bike Bites is a short film competition that aims to get Brisbane bicycle riders out and about and looking at our city through the lens of a video camera. We feel that Brisbane bicycle riders have a lot to say, and why not do it by video. So whether it is your interesting commute, a funny story or an animation, bring your idea to life and let us be part of it. We are looking for stories that link bicycles with Brisbane.
Films will be judged on creativity, cinematography and entertainment value as well as bikeiness
The finalists will be shown as part of Brisbane Bicycle Film Festival held in March every year
Thanks to our sponsors Epic Cycles
The winner of the inaugural Brisbane Bike Bites – short film competition was this tale of a bicycle road race held annually in 37 countries around the world ‘Global Gutz’ – but will the Brisbane chapter even make it over the starting line? This film was directed by Guy Mansfield who was there on the night to collect his award. Of course S4CBNE does not condone people breaking the law but we found this film showed an interesting side to bike riding in Brisbane.
Submissions are due by 12th February 2018
- Films should be maximum 5 minutes long
- Quicktime format MP4 or.mov files
- 1920×1080 frame dimensions preferred. (Definitely not below 720×480) Larger is fine.
- Upload your movie to Vimeo and password protect your film. Include the link to your film on your submission form along with the password.
- For the Final Format, we will need the actual file we will contact you if this is required.
- The music or sound designs used in your film is your own.
- The music in your film was made for your use with permission
- The music used in your film is licensed by Creative Commons and you’ve given the appropriate credit.
- You licensed the music in your film for this specific use and can provide documentation if requested